Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to my blog! If you desire to waste time productively, this is the place to be! You will learn, intimately I may add, about the life of an average, everyday, run-of-the-mill, nondescript individual... ENJOY!!!

Monday, February 4, 2013

New plan... (will it ever end?)


I have some shocking news! I changed my mind again! I think I would be much better off without my mind, since it can never stay in one place for too long... I no longer think finishing up my classes in the summer would be wise, even though it would technically speed up my graduation time. Therefore, as I had originally planned (if only my mind would stopping shifting!), I will try to take my last courses this fall instead. There are a few benefits to this proposal, as I will show you. The one desire of my heart is to be a housewife and mother, so naturally I will be ecstatic for anything that might come close. Last semester I met Xiaorong and her husband, who were about to have their first child. I spent some time with them and gradually it came out that they were going to move to a bigger, two-bedroom, apartment when they have their baby. This was back when I planned to graduate in the fall, so they very kindly said I could live with them for my last semester. About a month ago they had their little baby boy. In fact, when I visited them recently, they let me hold their treasure and I was so excited and, admittedly, rather envious. I would absolutely love to room with them, because then, not only will I get to know this awesome couple better, but I will have many opportunities (I hope) to help watch their kid.


However, I do not mean to indicate that I don't love my current roommates! (Juan, you will have to visit me after I graduate!). The other benefits would be time and work related factors. It would probably be a nightmare if I took two classes each summer session. Especially since one of the classes I have to take was only offered once during the summer at only one time (8am everyday). I figure I'm too young to die (especially from work overload). 

I am almost done reading the Hobbit again, although I don't know if I'd be brave enough to watch the movie when the book is fresh in my mind. I would probably as critical as my mom could ever be, which is saying something. However, the main difference is that my memory is deplorable, so I wouldn't stay very critical of a movie if I don't remember all of the book. 

Last year I went to an awesome international Bible Study taught by the sweetest couple, Bob and Sandra. This semester they changed that Bible Study to be focused on helping Christians work on their relationship with God by strengthening their leadership and improving their self-discipline. This is exactly what I have been needing. I feel that my walk with the Lord has weakened recently and I have felt a strong need for restoration. A big part of this is that I have not had very much fellowship with other believers since my first couple years here. Well, what can I say? I'm a work in progress.

6 comments:

  1. Cari, will support you for any decision you make, even though I'm shocked by how fast you change your mind. It's sad that I can't roomie with you next fall, but happy for you to have a chance to witness the grow of a new life, from which you may gain some experience. I understand that you may be tired of our apartment, but we do have to hang out some time after you move out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just remember, you are the best roommate I've ever had. I just need to get out of that small apartment. At least I'll graduate soon. You know, you still have to visit my Grandma's house sometime this semester :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, you are using Katze as your name? Of course, I will. And you are also the best roomie for me. I feel sorry that as a RA, I'm too busy with my research, otherwise we could have more activities together. I understand that the apartment is small.And I will go to your Grandma's house later this semester (weather will be better then) and also we need to walk to Walmart on the huckleberry trail. :)

      Delete
    3. Great! And my name is Katze because that means 'cat' in German.... :)

      Delete