Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to my blog! If you desire to waste time productively, this is the place to be! You will learn, intimately I may add, about the life of an average, everyday, run-of-the-mill, nondescript individual... ENJOY!!!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cars...who needs them?

    Well, this week began in the usual way.....went to class, had lunch, went to my job, left my job, discovered my car wouldn't start, called my friend to help me jump-start my car, called triple A when my car still failed to start, and went home to have dinner...oh wait, there's usually a lot more variation (location, for instance). Just kidding, but my friend (roommate as well) had only just said that morning that she was wanting more adventure and excitement in her life. So therefore I simply provided her with some out of the goodness of my heart. I bet most people would not go to such lengths for a friend :)

Oh! The adventure!!
    If only my memory was not quite so bad, I could lead you on the trails my thoughts travel throughout the day. It would be vastly interesting, I'm sure. However, as it is, I can only relay a snip-it of my daily wanderings. Today I had my Philosophy class. This class appears somewhat subjective considering that we are studying ancient philosophers, long since dead, and their writings. I would dearly love to ask some of these philosophers questions, so as to gain a much better understanding of what they truly believe. For the most part, my professor is probably correct in his interpretation from these writings of what their views are, but we have been recently reading a number of Christian (or Judaic) philosophical writings and it's on that subject that my professor doesn't quite seem so adequate. My idea is that to truly understand Christian philosophers you would probably have to understand Christianity......strange, isn't it? And to truly understand Christianity, you would probably have to have a real relationship with Jesus......I know, the crazy ideas I have. The problem is, so many people (true and pretend) misrepresent Christianity and God, as well as the fact that non-Christians have not received help from the Holy Spirit to understand God's Word. Therefore, even though I find my philosophy class extremely interesting, I don't agree with all of my professor's interpretations. I certainly hope this doesn't effect my grade.
    My other classes are moving along, but I still await the day of freedom...maybe with a loving husband and a spoonful of children. Yeah, some would wonder what kind of freedom I'm talking about, but I consider it infinitely superior to that of education. Oh, and I can't forget my pets too, since I am sadly unable to own pets in my current apartment. Speaking of pets, my 18 year old cat is slowly dying. My parents take care of him and leave me updates, but he's not expected to live for more than another week. In fact, we are all now prepared for him to meet his end sometime soon. I will miss him terribly when I visit our home, for he has been with us his whole life.
    Ah!! Now we can talk about Valentine's Day!!! I bought myself a Valentine's Day present....books and movies.....I'm sure my guy would get me the same thing, if he existed......Next, I'll have to give myself chocolate and flowers.
   

1 comment: