Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to my blog! If you desire to waste time productively, this is the place to be! You will learn, intimately I may add, about the life of an average, everyday, run-of-the-mill, nondescript individual... ENJOY!!!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Temperary thrill

Skiing on a Bunny Hill (I'm in the center)

    Well, I had a very nice mini-vacation skiing this past weekend. I drove down to Massanutten to meet my parents, Caleb, and Jesse who were staying in a resort there for the weekend. It happened to be Nathanael's birthday while we were there, but unfortunately he decided not to drive down there as well. I really can't blame him, considering that his knee (where he had surgery last year) has not recovered enough to allow for him to go snow-boarding. He would've been somewhat board hanging out with mom all day while everyone else was on the slopes. Mom doesn't know how to ski yet, although she made a promise this time to take lessons when next she gets the chance. I plan to hold her to that :) ; However, generally while we ski mom signs up for some sort of spa treatment to while away the time. This trip Jesse, Dad, and I took a lesson to help us in our endeavor to ski the correct way. I fell down several times this trip, which I rarely ever did, because I was attempting to keep my skis parallel while zig-zagging down the hill. My skiing level would probably be considered Expert-Beginner. I have a long way to go. My family tries to make skiing trips a couple times a year when we can. Ever since we starting playing Settlers of Catan we seem to always bring that to the resort so we can all play when we return from skiing for the evening. Right before I left for the weekend, that very same day in fact, it snowed for hours producing a few inches of beautiful, white snow. I would've made some snow ice-cream, but I found out I no longer had condensed milk. The snow almost delayed my trip, but my dad informed me that the highways would probably still be safe so I left for Massanutten despite the snow and had a wonderful time with my family.
    I believe I must be coming down with an acute case of super-senioritis. I have to work on my time-management skills all over again to overcome this terrifying disease. What I really want is the courage to make friends in my classes so we could work on the classes together. However, I've never been able to do that successfully as of yet, so I guess it's too late to try now. What I simply want to spend my time on now includes all those projects I want to do that I kept putting off until later. 
     As for my Oma, who went to the hospital earlier last week because of unexplained pain, she had to have surgery but everything went smoothly and she's already been released. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Cari, since last time visit, I didn't know you already added several posts. A good blogger. It's always good to stay with your family. Plus, maybe we can try snow ice-cream if it snows again in Blacksburg. :)

    ReplyDelete