Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to my blog! If you desire to waste time productively, this is the place to be! You will learn, intimately I may add, about the life of an average, everyday, run-of-the-mill, nondescript individual... ENJOY!!!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My doors are open!

Blessed be the Lord God who doesn't change his mind every time the wind blows like us humans...me, in particular. I'm generally too quick and impulsive to wait before I make up my mind. So, after discussing the issue with my parents, I decided that perhaps graduating in the Fall rather than the summer would not after-all be the best choice. However, instead of jumping the gun again, I am going to make my final decision (with no turning back) on March 16th. How I hate to leave you in suspense...but now you will need to return to find out where I'm heading (is this my midlife crisis already??).

Two weekends ago I had a surprise visitor!! It was so last minute that it was a complete surprise...though a very pleasant surprise. Carolynn and Brian, the happy married couple who had a wedding last November, came to Blacksburg. I was apparently the only one of their friends with time to spare that day, so we hung out with bubble tea and yarn. In fact, I look forward to learning how to knit from her. Then maybe I won't ever have to shop for clothes again! :) Dreams...

Grace and I: Fare-well visit...
Last weekend I had a not-so-surprising visitor! Oh, these are the days! I rarely have any visitors and two weekends in a row I was able to play hostess! Well, Carolynn and Brian just came and kidnapped me to have bubble tea, but at least I had the perfect opportunity to play hostess with Grace. She arrived Thursday night and stayed until Saturday morning, whereupon she left early to go to a celebration in North Carolina. She figured she should visit a couple friends before she leaves the country to teach English in India for five months. I was ecstatic to finally have someone to offer my best to while she stayed with me. We had a very enjoyable time. There happened to be an International Spring Social that Friday, which was perfect, because I had to leave in the middle of it to go take a test about spiders and insects. I'll have to write her while she's in India.

Now, some family news again. My cat, Tiger, who has been in the family for around 18 years (his whole life) was getting increasingly sick the last few weeks and finally died this past Saturday night. It will feel so different and weird not having a pet in our house since all our cats have run away or died as of now. Our family may get another cat later on, but not for a little while. His death was sad for everyone except Caleb, who was never much of a cat-person. What Caleb really wants is a dog, but unfortunately we have never owned a dog. My grandma had one once, but a number of years ago he had to be put down since he was getting too old. Since then, we have only been surrounded by cats. That may be why I'm both a cat and dog person, leaning much more on the cat side.

That's all for now! Keep in tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment