Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to my blog! If you desire to waste time productively, this is the place to be! You will learn, intimately I may add, about the life of an average, everyday, run-of-the-mill, nondescript individual... ENJOY!!!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

It'll hit me sooner or later

 
    It's funny that I only ever started really shopping with my mother in the last couple years. I use to detest shopping to the extent that, given the choices of sky diving and shopping, I'd rush off towards the nearest airplane without a second thought. I always considered clothes shopping, above all else, to be worse than torture. Come to think of it, I probably grew up averse to all this girlishness because I was surrounded by brothers... Well, because of my attitude toward shopping and the fact that I never payed much attention to my appearance, my mother very rarely shopped with me or gave me any sort of fashion advice (not that she was any sort of fashion expert, but a toad would have more fashion sense than I had). Thence, my very first successful clothes shopping spree with my mom was only a couple years ago. Well, to be honest, I wasn't even with her when she went shopping, but she had gotten several cute dresses she thought I might like and I eagerly tried them on (which is something I never did before). After that day, my mother finally knew what clothes I liked (we had similar taste in dresses) and I started to enjoy this aspect of being a girl. Haha, and I used to think I was so frugal... However, I have done a lifetime of clothes shopping (among other things) since then, so now I plan to never, EVER shop again. Unfortunately, when I hang out with mom to have wonderful "mother-daughter" time we tend to shop, which is rather dangerous. What's happening to me?? The reason I bring all this shopping up is because I have had a couple crazy shopping days with my mom this break, which I enjoyed immensely of course. My poor roommates will have to deal with a lot more random things around the apartment :)
    One of those trips took place this afternoon, after I spent the morning listening to my mom's second lecture on epidemiology. She's a part-time professor at George Washington. She did a wonderful job and is always so nice to her students. I was glad to finally be able to critique how she taught her class, but apparently I wasn't as encouraging as she would've liked... I do try! I'm great at bragging about my parents to other people, just not to themselves.
    On our way home tonight my mom and I wanted to get a movie to watch, so we looked in vain for The Avengers, but sadly it was sold out. Thus, we decided to buy Captain America instead. Great movies. When we got back home my brother Nathanael was there with his very good friend Sara. After mom and I ate dinner, we all watched Captain America.


    Here comes the sad part (to some people at least), I have to leave my hometown Saturday morning since my semester begins on Tuesday. This trip will entail quite a bit of driving and adventure, because I plan to first travel to North Carolina in order to visit an old friend from my university and then go to Lynchburg to visit a couple of awesome new friends, and finally head towards the land of hard work and study. I can't wait to see all of them, but I will miss my family and friends I leave behind. In any case, these are my last days home, packing up my things, and preparing my departure.
    To give a brief update about my grandmother; she seems to be recovering from her fall slowly. I confess, I am worried about how well she will be able to do things when she returns to our care. She will no doubt be in much worse shape where walking is concerned. However, a physical therapist is coming in everyday to help her regain some strength while she is in the rehab center, and very likely she will still have a physical therapist when she moves out of that place into our house. I will miss her. She needs constant reminders that we love her when she is alone, surrounded by other invalids. It breaks my heart when she has nightmares and says terrible and depressing things about no one caring about her. All I can do at this point is pray for her. God needs to show her His love and peace. What she needs most of all is His peace that passes all understanding.   

No comments:

Post a Comment