Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to my blog! If you desire to waste time productively, this is the place to be! You will learn, intimately I may add, about the life of an average, everyday, run-of-the-mill, nondescript individual... ENJOY!!!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

It's all about the history...

    Well, on our way to the rehab center where my Grandmother is currently staying, my mother and I ended up driving through something that smelled like manure which spilled across the road right before a stoplight. While we waited for the light to change we had the perfect opportunity to practice breathing through our mouths. Mom called our county sheriff's office to notify them of the spill, though they haven't done anything about it yet. Anyway, I just want to keep everyone informed of the strange and unusual occurrences happening in my isolated hometown. Okay, if this is the strangest thing to happen here, I think we need more excitement. I did recently find out that James Madison may have been born here, which would give our county some small historical significance.
    As far as grandma is concerned, her broken bones are healing in due course. She should hopefully be back with us within a week, I hope. It's really not all that cheap having her live at the rehab center anyway. However, last night when I visited her with my dad, she was in a very messed up, emotional state. I was surprised that she apparently didn't remember much of that visit at all this morning except that it was bad. I was very relieved. I love grandma very much, but we (my family) have learned certain things to look out for when we get to be that age. The most important thing is not to hold grudges, becomes it contributes a lot to bitterness during old age. I'm not saying I'd necessarily be better in my old age, but I'd try my best. It helps a lot to have confidence and assurance as to where you might go after death. That's the scariest part in getting old.


    I am also starting my search for a good job in which I can utilize my mathematical knowledge. It's harder than I expected, because I haven't a clue what non-teaching mathematical jobs I would really enjoy. I'm not much of a writer so that's out of the question, though it is a fun hobby to have. And I still have quite a few books to read this break before I have to go back to work. I am way past having senioritis......I can't say how ready I am to get off this roller-coaster. I'm not as excited about getting a job as I am about having my own living quarters though. I strongly desire to have my own place in which I can decorate, furnish, and arrange as I want, as well as finally having a few cats and dogs.... (mostly cats)

    Jesse and my father went out this morning to race in the Pinewood Derbies. That's where they can build their own cars to race against others. I hope Jesse wins :) I remember when I was younger and got to race. In fact, I still have a couple cars I made with dad.
    And aside from reading, I'm getting into origami. I'm not all that artistic so I never previously tried much origami because I assumed I would be terrible at it. Well, it's not as hard as I thought it would be, though some of the directions are confusing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment