Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to my blog! If you desire to waste time productively, this is the place to be! You will learn, intimately I may add, about the life of an average, everyday, run-of-the-mill, nondescript individual... ENJOY!!!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My comfort zone

 
The insurance company was very kind in letting me keep the rental car for the rest of my Spring Break so I would be able to return to school, although I could wish that they refused to help me out so I would be stranded at home (my comfort zone). However, the sad truth is that my family would probably have figured out another means to get me to college. I guessed I'm doomed to stay there until graduation...whenever that will be...

Speaking of graduation, over my break I made my final decision in regards to when that would be. I was in a complete state of indecision whether I would prefer to graduate in the summer or the fall, so I naturally hoped my parents would decide for me, but after all our discussions on the various pros and cons they ended up bouncing it back onto me. "What would make YOU the happiest?" Stuck with that daunting question, I had to say that taking my last classes over the fall wins hands down. I look forward to living with my new roommates and their beautiful baby boy!

That decision was made within the first half of my Spring Break because my dad was going to leave for a business trip the rest of the week. I stayed with my grandmother at her house for a couple days where we immediately decided how much fun it would be to visit the hospital. I gave grandma leftover Chinese food and she had an allergic reaction, so we ended up calling the rescue squad to check her out. They told us we should probably go to the hospital just to make sure nothing serious is wrong (mainly because they didn't want to be called back to her house again later). After several hours she was back to normal, but this whole episode happened at night, so we finally got back home around 2 or 3am. Due to rainy and nasty weather, we spent most of the remaining time at her house watching old movies. We returned to my parent's house a couple days later to be greeted by beautiful Spring weather. What impeccable timing!   

I naturally got no schoolwork or studying done while I was home because I wanted to spend all my time with my wonderful family. The night before dad left for his business trip we played scrabble and chess simultaneously. It was very interesting trying to concentrate on two games that both require a lot of thought. In the end, we practically tied in scrabble (dad was ahead of me by a few points, but nothing to signify) and dad beat me in chess (which hasn't happened for quite a while). I enjoyed it very much. Next, we'll need to attempt to play chess and scrabble simultaneously with four players. We have a four-player chess game which is diamond-shaped and looks very complicated.


A couple days later, my family, all except dad, went bowling. It was a lot of fun, though I definitely lost that game. Nathanael was still recovering from his knee surgery so he couldn't put his all in the game and thus he technically lost. However, he ended up leaving early, so mom, Jesse, and I helped play for him. Somehow I don't feel very victorious by beating him (the only person I was ahead of). We love this bowling alley because we can conveniently order and eat food while we bowl. It's also right next to a movie theater, so we were considering going to a movie afterwards, but that particularly theater wasn't playing what we wanted to watch.

I did a lot of bird watching during this break and mom, who is usually the photographer of the family, was impressed by a number of the pictures I caught. In fact, it has helped me to slow down and observe nature. Life tends to move too fast, making us too busy to observe the beauty of nature. This break gave me the perfect opportunity to take it all in.



 

2 comments:

  1. yay for new roommates! I know how much that will relive you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bowling place!

    Also, great bird photo!

    ReplyDelete